>===== Original Message From Traci Bunkers <bonk...@bonkersfiber.com> =====
>Yes, but the guides don't always work--like with 35mm pinhole pictures where
>the image extends into the sprocket holes and you want to scan the whole
>thing. Or when running 35mm film through a medium format camera (same issue
>with sprocket holes). In both those instances, I tried putting the film into
>one of the bigger guides, but the film dips down and touches the glass.
>--

Tracy,
I measured my guide on my 2450 and found it to be the same thickness as
mounting board so I
made a larger guide to  hold my negatives "stretched out" and taped at the
ends. Make sure to
leave that small rectangle at the back end open just like the epson guides,
they use this space for
calibration. I laminated mine so that tape comes off easily. The 2450 and 3200
have a 4"x9"
transparency adapter so it works great with my extended length blended 120
negatives. I have also
seen Anti Newton spray at a photo store. This is what those rings you
mentioned are called. You
get it by placing the base side in contact with the glass. If you spray the
glass with this spray it
might help, or you might try turning your negatives over so that the emulsion
side touches the
glass and flip them back in you image editing program. Hope this helps.

Chris

Chris Peregoy
pere...@umbc.edu
http://www.pinholeblender.com