HA! It is a folding camera that will be 18" wide and about 9" high. The body
will follow the plan for a 10x12" that Alan Greene features in his book
"Primitive Photography". Much modification, though, because his wants a 22"
body, and I intend to keep mine to 6". As far as I can tell, it simply will
collapse and fold flat after the lensboard and film holder have been
removed. The body itself is made of wood slats hinged together. Like
shooting out the side of a shoebox. But it should be very sturdy. The most
elaborate part will be (I think) the assemblage of the film holders.

What I hope to do is shoot film. Berger makes 14x17 sheets of ASA 200, so
these would be perfect if cut in half lengthwise. I want to use film because
I'm doing argyrotypes right now (and soon will be doing albumen and POP
salt). But paper isn't a bad idea, either. I've never actually done it.

You might be right about making a box from scratch. I started out wanting
this to be used with a lens, but decided that my first attempt will be with
pinhole. It's the way I like to work anyhow. You've got me thinking, though.
I'm still assembling the wood, etc., so there's time to change my mind and
modify this the "right" way for a lens, and meanwhile make that box you
mentioned. The idea worked fine when it was a 4x5 film box, so there isn't
any reason it couldn't go larger. I will keep you informed.

Mike