--- Shannon Stoney <shannonsto...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What causes negatives to get those little "holes" in them?  Not literally
> all the way through the film base, but holes in the emulsion, like little
> clear or white specks?  I think I heard some place that you can prevent
> those by using water instead of stop, but I always use water and I get them
> anyway.  Maybe I'm handling the negatives too roughly?

Are you referring to sheet film?  If so, then they are probably dust specks.  I
had this problem for a while but have been able to get rid of most of them by
cleaning the film holder and slide before loading.  I use an attachment to my
Dust Buster that lets me work on a small area.  Cleaning them from the dust
particles that have settled since the last time I used them is essential, since
one flips the slide to the other side after exposure, so it will accumulate
dust naturally.

Cheers -

george

=====