Hello all,

I'm going to France in a couple weeks and taking lots of film. What I've read to do is unwrap each roll of film as much as possible - ie, take it out of the little cardboard box or plastic canister - and put the film a clear plastic baggie. Then take it out of your carry-on (carry-on is all I'm taking) and ask that it be hand-checked. My color film is 400 speed, but my black and white is 100. From what I've read here, I think I'll mix up the color and black and white so it will be easier for them to decide to hand-check it all. Good idea?

It will be trickier on the return trip as the b/w film will be used in a Holga, which doesn't wind the film very tightly, so I need to put it in a light-tight bag as soon as I unload it from the camera. Thus it won't be visable for airport scrutiny.

Also -- if anyone knows of any good photo shows and galleries in Paris or Avignon or Aix-en-Provence, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sally Bowker