--- shannon stoney <ssto...@pdq.net> wrote:
> Does it have to be absolutely, plumb thick dark when you finish
> fixing in the tray after a short fix in the tubes?  I don't have a
> completely dark ventilated place yet.

If you are using BTZS tubes, you can do everything (except loading the tubes)
with the lights on.  After opening the caps and dumping the developer, the
tubes go into the stop, then the fix - I do this with the lights on.  No
fogging.

If you are worried about clearing the last vestiges of the antihalation layer,
as I mentioned before, this can be done with water.  Yes, you can go through
the additional step of using fixer in a tray, but why not simply use the wash
water?

Cheers -

george

=====