I apologize to subscribers to the "pinhole news" list for cross-posting this, but wanted to be sure no one missed seeing it.

- Gregg

from the Pinhole Diary...

=================================
New Exhibition at Pinhole Visions
=================================
[Feb 07, 2002] I am grateful to Anita Chernewski for organizing an exhibition at the Pinhole Visions web site of the artist Marcia Sheer, who died in 1989.

"In the late 70's Ms. Sheer shifted her creative efforts to photography. Experimenting at first with various media from black and white to altered SX-70 Polaroid¹s, she finally decided to avoid modern equipment and mechanized printing processes, instead Ms. Sheer employed simple hand-constructed pinhole cameras and nineteenth century printing techniques to achieve images with a haunting, magical quality." - Anita Chernewski

"I fantasize that I control the stream of light entering the camera through its tiny opening. This light stream gently travels around the camera's interior and I use it to paint the image onto the film with little brush-like strokes. Eventually, I control this magical light stream, will it to inscribe all the poetry and essence of what was to become a completely formed image in my camera." - Marcia C. Sheer

      Web Site: http://www.???????/exhibits/Sheer/

      (reported by: Gregg Kemp)

For more news items on pinhole photography, visit the Pinhole Diary at:

        http://www.???????/diary/

If you have a pinhole story of interest, please add it to the Pinhole Diary at:

        http://www.???????/diary/?option=add

Your pin pal,
Gregg Kemp