From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????]On Behalf Of Jeff Dilcher
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 10:17 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: [pinhole-discussion] My "personal day" off from work...

I hope my boss isn't reading...

Monday was just too nice a day to go back to
work, and, having just received a new
Finney 4x5 camera, I was longing to shoot
some photos.

This shot is from Master's Cemetary, about
10 miles or so east of Atlanta, Georgia.
http://www.hiddenworld.net/files/masters1.jpg

I was driving along aimlessly, as is my custom
when I go out to find something to photograph,
when, from the road, I was attracted by this
mysterious octagonal white building perched in
the back of this old cemetary.

Although is was kind of spooky, I got up the
nerve to go inside the building (the door was open),
and took this photograph:

http://www.hiddenworld.net/files/masters2.jpg

The interior of the building is pretty delapidated,
and some of the floor is rotting through, and
the pews are dusty.  This picture was taken with
an exposure of 9 minutes, and demonstrates the
most wide angle shot you can get with a Finney.
(40mm focal length).

Although the building doesn't appear to have been
used in quite some time, I could almost picture
mourners gathered here grieving the loss of a
loved one...