----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Vande Bunt" <mike.vandeb...@mixcom.com>
To: <pinhole-discussion@p at ???????>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] Pinhole and lith printing - A natural
complement?

> Also, would it be possible to see an example
> of a negative printed on both "regular" paper and lith paper
> so that we can see what the contribution of the lith paper
> is?  (It is hard to tell if contrast / tonality is due to it being
> pinhole, or to the lith printmaking process.)
>
> Mike Vande Bunt

Hi all !
Very late reply...  Since Guy had introduced this "Lith" subject, I wanted
to post a very interesting resource book about lith printing where you could
find excellent comparisons between conventional and Lith prints from the
same negative.

The book, which I find excellent on many other subjects (especially toning
procedures) is :

        BEYOND MONOCHROME, a Fine Art Printing Workshop
            by Tony Worobiec and Ray Spence,
            (c) 1999 ;  Published by : Fountain Press Ltd, Kingston upon
Thames, Surrey, UK
            ISBN 0 86 343 313 8

There is a whole chapter dedicated to Lith printing, dealing with choice of
papers and developers, details of procedures and tests, solving specific
problems such as "pepper fogging"; one of the most interesting part is about
the combinations of lith printing with various toners and the very unique
results obtained with Lith + split toning. As for the whole book, the choice
of the photographs illustrating text descriptions is really perfect and the
details of print aspect are really very well rendered through the printing
process of the book.
Hope it helps, even if lately
and Happy Easter from France !

Jean