Well,you know, a lot of people hide behind the equipment question and think that if only they had the "right" or a "really good" camera they could be great photographers. What is really missing is the confidence in themselves and their own vision. They don't really believe it's the person that clicks the shutter (removes the lenscap?)that creates the magic. Too bad they are afraid to screw up, to allow that old serendipidy to happen.
Tina

>They weren't the least bit interested, when I showed them the cap and my zone plate matted (and hand colored) images.<

Not supprizing, they are all hardware geeks. They are in love with the machines, and not the images they produce. Photographs are only an excuse to play with their toys. When I run into people that only wan't to talk about their cameras and lenses my responce has become - show me what you have done, not what you own. Kurt