gee I thought I had an original idea.....ow well
andy

-----Original Message-----
From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????]On Behalf Of
b2myo...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 12:05 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] paper negatives and warm tone
developer

In a message dated 2/27/01 11:15:26 AM, aschm...@warwick.net writes:

<< a solarized PH Negative... >>

and a contact print of a solarization of a pinhole neg...with great mackie
lines...using a #5 filter...or a #0 filter for a different effect....or split
filter printing...#5, the #0.

Here are instructions for split filter printing:

1. Put neg in enlarger

2. Frame and focus

3. Set enlarger at an appropriate f stop...(never change f stop)

4. Using  a #5 filter, make a test

5. Process normally

6. Select a time  (maximum black for minimum time)

7. Put another sheet of enlarging paper in the easel

8. Make an exposure, with the #5 filter, that you decided would be the best
time

9. Change nothing but remove the #5 filter and replace with #0 filter

10. Make another test with the #0 filter over the #5 filter exposure

11. Process

12. Select and redo at two proper settings...one exposure for #5, one
exposure over it for #0

•It may be necessary to do some dodging and burning, but less than with
single filter printing.

* It may sometimes advisable to use a combination of different filters...#4 &
#0.....#5 & #1, etc.
depending upon the negative and the desired results.