Hi Tom,

> One more thought.  Are you having the problem with hand-made cameras?
> I've had similar problems with the oatmeal box, cigar box and tin can

Your spray color must be very dense and the distance of the camera from the
air gun (or can spray) is too far that the color dry out  (in particle form)
before it reach to the surface of the camera. If the camera is a cigar box,
or a box, it happens always because the paint particles reach one wall and
then "reflect" to another wall. So the particles cannot "stick" well to the
camera.

Try to re-apply the paint with more dilute paint and put the air gun near to
the camera (about 8-12inch depends on the air pressure).
Or you can re-apply the paint (very thin, dilute it with more solvent) with
a very soft hand-brush so as to seal the particles.
Hand paint is better than spray because it is really too difficult (nearly
impossible) to spray even color to the corner of a box!!!

Hope this may help.

Zernike Au