Thanks for the nice comments from you and Leslie Green.

As regards the pinhole section, I thing that the image I like best is
Pnhl012, shot in the harbour of SanFrancisco with my old Brownie pinhole
camera.  It has the feel of an old 19th century print and reminds me of
the work of Frank Meadow Sutcliffe, for those who know his work.

Leslie wrote:
> They do appear a bit digitized,
> is that just for speed or is that the "look" you
> wanted?

One of the things I always try to do when loading my work on the
computer is to keep it as closely identical as I can to the original
print, since I spend a lot of time in the darkroom to get it "right".
This is easy when you start from a print and you have good scanning
hardware.

The difficulty comes when you scan a negative, since you don't have a
printed reference point (I do have some 35mm pinholes). Then you look
for what looks best on the screen, as you would do in the darkroom
anyway. (But then, you have to be very careful: on one occasion, I found
that I was working with extrely flat B&W negatives and that I got
carried away with adding contrast to the picture on the screen.  I never
was able to print the negs in my darkroom.  I guess I would have needed
something like a No. 8 filter to get what I wanted.  So these pictures
now fall in the gategory of digital prints...)

There is always a temptation to use the darn "unsharp mask" filter in
Photoshop, because it always adds some "zing" to the image. Here again,
I try to stay away as much as I can from that (but I have sinned many a
time...)