Hi,

A few months ago I worked on porting PiTiVi to Windows and I'd like to
restart it with your help =)
I have read the article in the website describing  the actual status
of PiTiVi on Windows [0], and I'd like to discuss this sentence:
"no-one's heard from Andoni since, I guess he's busy working on LongoMatch"
In fact I have been very busy with LongoMatch  ;), but I didn't
disapear after my post in the GStreamer ML, I sent another one  to the
PiTiVi's ML explaining all the steps to get PiTiVi running on Windows
and nobody replied, so I guessed that no one was interested on it :(.
But I see that probably this post got lost during the summer holidays
;)

As you say, the first step is to update the GStreamer binaries for
Windows and I'll try to do it this week. We finally fixed the pngdec
plugin, so there is no longer needs to switch to the jpegenc one, as I
mentioned in that post :)
>From what I remember, PiTiVi requieres some small fixes to work on windows:
·Disable capture support. I think it uses HAL or D-Bus to track when
the device is (un)plugged  and it's not available on Windows. There is
DirectShow source plugin so there is probably a way to allow video
capture.
·When setting the xoverlay  window id, Gdk uses a different method on
windows to get the GdkWindow ID
·Edit pitivi.in using relative paths
If you let met I can prepare a patch for that. It won't be intrusive
at all as just a few lines needs to be changed.
I think it's a good start for the moment, but I'd like to get some
positive feedback from your side, at least to know that my work won't
be lost ;)

Cheers,
Andoni Morales

[0]http://www.pitivi.org/wiki/PiTiVi_on_Windows