On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:16:26 +0100, cu <cairou...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It sounds as though, unless something changed dramatically, iOS tools
are still not compatible with assembler used in pixman so they are
unlikely to work.

Pixman's assembly is written in GNU as format. I guess that your iOS
toolchain requires Clang format assembly and that Pixman's build system
can't convert between the two.

This isn't a problem that's confined to Pixman, of course. I'm aware
that the Libav project has written a tool to do the conversion, called
gas-preprocessor. There may be other solutions, but I'd suggest you give
that a try. If you manage to integrate it into the Pixman build system,
then I expect other people would welcome such an enhancement.

Ben