Hello,

On Sunday, 5 November 2023 15:32:21 CET christ...@cullmann.io wrote:
> On 2023-11-05 15:11, Nate Graham wrote:
> > Baloo is linked by some apps, e.g. Elisa, and I wouldn't like to make
> > them haul in Plasma stuff.
>
> some applications link to kactivities, too.
> I think it just makes it more clear that this will just work with
> Plasma.
>
> But I can live with the status quo, too, just thought it would be
> cleaner.

Yes, I think it'd make sense to have a clearer and cleaner separation between
KDE Frameworks dependencies which can work outside of a Plasma sessions and
libraries which require Plasma runtime components.

I was clumsily advocating for this Akademy 2021 or 2022 (can't remember
which).

This way it's clearer to application authors when they tie themselves to a
given workspace or not.

Also, isn't Elisa able to work without Baloo? It even seems to do the right
thing if I trust its CMakeLists.txt. It has Baloo as a recommended but
optional dependency, and disable it altogether for Win32 builds.

Regards.
--
Kevin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net

enioka Haute Couture - proud supporting member of KDE
https://hc.enioka.com/en