Am Mittwoch, 8. November 2023, 12:22:33 CET schrieb Scarlett Moore:
> Hi everyone,
> As we progress through the Qt6 transition I have been trying to keep
> up on our QML dependencies and I keep tripping over circular
> dependency nightmare. We switched to a mega package format which
> includes qml modules. So we have big issues when frameworks like kwin
> depends on plasma-workspace. Introduced here:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/commit/028dd552cfb9d826b40b9620d869c98d
> 2aa3dca3?page=2
>
> Is it intended that qml modules in plasma-workspace are allowed to be
> used by frameworks? Are we wrong to bundle QML inside a mega package
> or is the framework wrong for depending on QML further up the stack?
> Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

CC'ing plasma-devel and distributions so stakeholders can chime in.

>From what I am seeing this patch causes KWin to import a qml module that lives
in plasma-workspace

import org.kde.plasma.workspace.components 2.0 as WorkspaceComponents

At the same time plasma-workspace build depends on KWin due to the need of the
DBus xml files.

So the situation right now is that plasma-workspace build depends on KWin and
KWin has a runtime dependency on plasma-workspace.
I think it's not a full cycle since installing plasma-workspace does not need
anything from KWin but maybe it can cause problems for distributions?

David