Thanks for the kind words, Amir! Yes, please do submit bug reports for those issues.

Nate

On 2/19/24 04:29, Amir Khan wrote:
Dear KWin / Plasma Development team,

I have been triaging bugs for KDE for some weeks, but as I have development experience in C++, C and other languages, I'm keen to get up to speed to be able to submit bugfixes too, in time. I've been using Fedora 39 KDE spin for learning Kirigami/QML and plan to move to KDE Frameworks with Qt this week or next week.

As I'm not in a paid contract currently and don't have any hardware spare, nor the option to purchase, I'm running Fedora 39 KDE spin in a VM, namely under Boxes on Ubuntu 22.04, and Virtualbox on Win11. Prior to updating today, including kwin updates, Plasma under Wayland was unusable. The mouse pointer wasn't accurately placing, e.g. it seemed a bit off from where the output of typing was appearing, when running Kate, as the only app running, or when trying to click on a hyperlink or the address bar when running Firefox only. *The update I applied today has vastly improved my experience of Plasma under Wayland, and it is now usable. This is a huge relief because I understand Fedora 40 won't have an X11 session option at all. Huge thanks from me for all your hard work!*

I was curious to see how far I needed to push Wayland before it might start misbehaving. It was pretty far lol! When I ran four apps, all tiled under Plasma, namely Firefox playing a YouTube video, Kate, Konsole and Java running Freeplane as a flatpak, I started to get weird mouse behaviour again: pointer disappearing, pointer changing based on its expected function, lagging from where it actually was on the screen. Also, I was getting some flickering on the bottom panel, though not making the panel unusable. I'm sending this for information's sake, and will happily submit bugs to Bugzilla under kwin, tagged with wayland, if I am able to replicate something specific and easily testable.

Meantime, many thanks again, and have a great day :)
Amir.