Quick update:

On 3/25/24 10:59, David Edmundson wrote:
Meeting was quite productive, we had some overall discussion and have
some action items as follows:

Short term:

     Add key in knsrc files to let content get marked as dangerous so

David did this in https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/knewstuff/-/merge_requests/309

     Review all ksnrc files to set the flag.
This will be done as two indepdendent teams and see if we ge the same
result. Then we land merge-requests.

David and I have done this across many MRs. Two are still unmerged, to be merged soon.

     Change the text in KNS to reflect this key. Nate will do a MR when
the key is in.
We are past frameworks freeze for 6.1, this will be frameworks 6.2.
This also allows ksnrc files to get releases.

I've submitted https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/knewstuff/-/merge_requests/310 for this.

     Change our default sorting in KNS to most downloaded or highest
rated (https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/knewstuff/-/merge_requests/308)

Ismael did this in https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/knewstuff/-/merge_requests/308

- Propose deleting KNS browsing from discover, maybe updating too?

     Extend the Global Themes KCM's "what do you want to apply?" dialog
to be more warny about dangerous stuff, like widgets
Target is Plasma 6.1. We can uplift the UI from krunner plugins. Maybe
making that even more generic.

     Remove the "Use" button from installed Global Themes grid items in
the KNS dialog (this bypasses the dialog in the KCM)

     Change the name "Global Themes" to include the word "plugin,"
"extension," "mod," or something else to make people understand that
it's not a benign connection of assets
Target is Plasma 6.1

Mid term:

     Remove QML code from Global Themes. Lockscreen and alike.

Marco is in the process of doing this across various MRs.

     If zero ratings, show "no ratings" rather than half (needs
Pling/OCS changes)

     Revisit how ratings are done on the Pling side

     Could pling ratings be changed thumbs up or thumbs down?

     Find out with Pling if review before being visible is feasible

----

These will appear as merge requests for any further discussion.

David

Everything else here is TBD; feel free to help out if this sparks anyone's fancy!

Nate