colomar added a comment.

  The only raison d'ĂȘtre for "double-click to open" is to be able to select on
single click. If selecting is not possible (as is the case both in the panel
and in a desktop containment), there is no reason for opening only on
double-click (other than consistency with Windows, but an icon widget in a
Desktop containment is not the same as an icon on the Windows desktop, because
the Windows desktop behaves like our folderview containment, not like our
desktop containment).

  Therefore, I am clearly against this patch in general. Trying to make things
in a desktop containment kinda sorta behave like a folderview will only
introduce more inconsistency and confusion than it prevents.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: davidedmundson, #plasma, mart