Meeting minutes of today, attached!

Cheers,
--
sebas

    http://vizZzion.org   ⦿    http://www.kde.org
Plasma Weekly Meeting 19-7-2017

Present: Sho, mart, d_ed, kbroulik

Sho:
* I'm currently focused on fixing various 5.10 regressions
  which will probably take another few days this week before I can return to
better things
* [TM] Fixed drag hover activation of tasks inside group popup dialogs
* [TM] Fixed group popup dialog contents not refreshing when switching between
group parents via drag hover
* [TM] Fixed group popup dialog scrollbar not always appearing when required
* [TM] Fixed accounting for scrollbar width when setting group popup dialog
width
* [FV/KF5] Fixed MouseEventListener not emitting canceled on QEvent:Ungrab on
Qt 5.8+: Fixes rectangle selection not ending after moving a FV desktop widget
with press-and-hold, and potentially similar cases in FV and elsewhere
* [FV] Fixed clicking outside preview popup dialogs to dismiss them not being
handled correctly as a result of refactorings, caused e.g. folders to
inadvertently being opened in $file_manager and the item not being deselected
next up is looking into all the kio_desktop breakage that makes icons lose
positions on renames on the desktop etc

mart:
* [wayland] fix windows without decorationto be immediately without
(kwaylandintegration)
* Plasma::Dialog: make sure size is final after showEvent will allow dialog to
have a more reliable custom positioning https://phabricator.kde.org/D6215
Diff 6215 "Make sure size is final after showEvent" [Needs Revision]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D6215
* refactoring notification positioning a bit for making them work better in
wayland, should get rid of most of its fragile positioning logic, and its
random fail of notifications wrongly positioned sometimes even on x11, don't
animate anymore on the client side as is quite wrong
* kwin: make notifications animated with morphingpopups
* had to revert 4690808e65 on kxmlgui
* qqc2-desktop-style now in workspace, so in next plasma release \o/
* kirigami 2.2 release
* in particular, i'm still on the dialog positioning on wayland for the
notificstion applet: D6215 and D6216
  Diff 6215 "Make sure size is final after showEvent" [Needs Revision]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D6215
  Diff 6216 "simplify positioning code" [Accepted]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D6216

d_ed:
* I'm going to upload the hopefully final KWayalnd XDGV6 today
* I think that's been my main work. I also spent some time with these silly
popups
* I've been improving the current plasma-tests, so it now loads every plasmoid
and will fail if something fails to load

kbroulik:
* Been answering questions by VDG about their notification stuff (e.g. if
certain things are possible at all technically before they start coming up with
crazy ideas ;)
* Plasma browser integration can now also control video players inside of
iframes, ie. embedded players should now also work
* Will probably do some overall bug triaging this week, perhaps some Dolphin
stuff

sebas:
- KScreen: Back-and-forth with UTS Data arena, trying to figure out which parts
of a complex problem we can improve, if not fix
- Working on my kscreen OSD branch ( https://phabricator.kde.org/D3598 ), but
want to wait for https://phabricator.kde.org/D6215 since I've got positioning
problems
- want to move Plasma vision forward
- working on app deployment stories, esp which store features do we need for
asset reviews, gauging how we can get that implemented with the store folks
- bit of more or less random bug triaging, whatever escaped my filtering