This important new feature has been implemented by Alban Rochel as a
spin-off of the qt device driver project using the extqt device (which
constitutes the tenth qt device).  See examples/c++/README.qt_example for a
brief description of a simple Qt example (also contributed by Alban) which
accesses the PLplot API and which is built in the installed examples tree
using the pkg-config approach. I have enhanced our build system (as of
revision 9819) to configure the necessary plplotd-qt.pc file.  My tests
indicate building and running that example occurs without any issues and
with no need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

My tests indicate the normal qt devices and this important additional
ability to access the PLPlot API from Qt applications are now in good shape
for our early May release.  However, it's a good idea to broaden the tests
to additional platforms and configurations so I ask the developers/testers
here to do your own thorough testing of these qt and Qt capabilities between
now and the release on all accessible platforms, and, of course, report back
any bugs you might find.

Thanks, Alban, for your efforts.