Hi Pluckers

I have a question.

I've got the somewhat grandiose title of Production Manager at Bookmice.com. We
publish paperbacks, and also ebooks in various formats - lit, pdf, reb, and of course
Palm.

Now this email concerns the palm versions, of course. I've been looking for a good
file format to standardize our Palm ebook editions on. I don't want to use
bog-standard PalmDocs, because of the lack even the most basic formatting such as
italics or bold.

The field pretty quickly (and for reasons that I won't bore you with) narrows to two
file formats - Blue Nomad's RTF-based WordSmith format, and your own HTML-based
Plucker format.

Both are excellent, both can do pretty much everything that I need a file format to be
able to do, but Plucker, as I'm sure you realize, has more. Plus, you've got the
grooviest doc reader I've seen.

My question is this -- what would be your attitude to Bookmice making Plucker our
default format? This would necessitate that we include a copy of the Plucker viewer
with every Palm eBook we sell, so that all the user has to do it install the eBook and
also install the viewer .prc.

In the readme.txt, we could explain (in whatever degree of detail you felt to be a
good idea) that the Plucker viewer is just a part of the larger Plucker suite, and we
could include your site url, of course.

Also, on the Bookmice Palm page, we could explain why we use Plucker format, what the
full version of Plucker does, and of course link to the Plucker site.

What do you think? Would this be OK with you folks?

Let me know what you think.

Our site is at www.bookmice.com, if you want to check it out.

All the best
David Major