On 4/16/06, Alexander R Pruss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to fix bug #1511, crashes on NVFS devices with large images.

Speaking of image bugs, I have a question.  I've been converting some
Project Gutenberg HTML texts to Plucker format, using Rafael Fetzer's
PDAConverter app to ease the process.  Some of the documents have
images (like the Gustav Dore illos for Dante's Divine Comedy.)

I normally set PDAConverter to create files with high compression, in
full color, with 320x320 thumbnails linking to a full copy.  I had a
couple of documents where the conversion appeared to go fine, but when
I tried accessing the documents on the device, I got an error message
about insufficient memory to decompress when it hit the large image.

Redoing the conversion, and specifying "link to a copy, but don't
create a copy larger than 1024x1024" cleared up the error.

The curious part is that the created Plucker documents were exactly
the same size, suggesting that the embedded images were the same.

I'll try to recreate the problem and post details if desired, but I'm
curious as to what might be going on here?  I'm using a recent Plucker
snapshot.  I haven't tried reverting to 1.8.

The device is a Tapwave Zodiac 2 with about 10MB of dynamic heap
stock, so I doubt memory is really the issue.

Thanks!

> Alex
______
Dennis