The 5way code is broken on recent devices with the snapshot build. It works fine with my own build. The code is an ugly mess of ifdefs stemming from the fact that three different SDKs are involved: Handspring (a hard to get SDK, though maybe it can be disentangled from the palmOne SDK), palmOne old and palmOne new, and so you get lines like: #if defined( HAVE_HANDSPRING_SDK ) && ! defined( sysFtrNumFiveWayNavVersion )

I would like to simplify the code significantly, but in a way that will break builds against old Handspring and palmOne SDKs. I would simply replace both the Handspring and old palmOne SDKs with the current palmOne SDK which includes both Handspring and palmOne code, and whose Navigator.h rolls both into a single function.

The disadvantage is a slightly larger build size for people who want palmOne but not Handspring or Handspring but not palmOne, and the need for a new SDK download

The advantages:
- It's easier for people to get the current palmOne SDK than to get the Handspring SDK
 - easier to read and maintain code
- easier to build working code (currently I'm the only one who can make 5way builds that work on the TX, and frankly I don't remember how I did it; it may have been by modifying the SDK)

If this sounds good, I'd like David to modify the snapshot build configuration by adding
        --with-palmone-sdk=[dir]/Incs
to point to the current palmOne SDK's base Incs directory, and installing the SDK on the machine that builds the snapshots. Then as soon as I commit new code, it will start to build. The handspring-sdk and fiveway-sdk can stay in the current snapshot build, but I will remove them from configure.in when I implement the changes.

Alex

--
Alexander R. Pruss
Associate Professor