On 20 Sep 2002 at 14:45, Wesley Mason wrote:

> So, my question is:  What is the current file format for icons, and what
> color depths?

Hi Wesley,

I am up-to-date on this, as I had spent some time on it last week. There was a bug,
that has
now been corrected in the python parser app info block writer.

The format can be any file that the regular parser can handle, as it is converted the
same way.
The docs should probably be updated if they say it has to be Tbmp.

The depth of the icon is always black-and-white in the parser (It is hard-coded). The
bitmap
gets inserted as a string of bits into the appinfo header of the file.

Perhaps one of the team that is more up on the Palm database format can tell you if
black and
white is all that it Palm databases can support.

The new Desktop for MSW (sept 19) converts black and white bitmaps okay, in the ones I
have
tested. For linux and other versions, Bill just applied the patch to the parser today,
so if
you get a new built version of the parser it should work. Alternatively, you can snag
the patch
from the plucker-dev mail archives, and patch your own existing parser.

Best wishes,
Robert