On 24 Oct 2002 at 17:08, Fringe Ryder wrote:

> One of the ways I shed weight was to remove all but one of the .prc files,
> leaving just my version (256 color lo-res) and ZLib.  But I will take a
> look at the executables also.  I remember you attempted to lighten Desktop
> by removing DLLs a few builds ago, resulting in runtime errors... perhaps I
> can track those pups down so we can finally remove them.

Yes. The DLLs are compiled into the python.exe, it looks for them when python is
invoked and
tries to load them. If you switch them off, then recompile with Visual C++, they can
be then
removed.

There is also likely quite a few .py files that can be cut out also, via the same
method.

There are some tools that can track all the supporting .py files that are needd to use
Spider.py

Best wishes,
Robert