On 11 Feb 2003 at 10:29, Alan Hoyle wrote:

> Quitting and restarting HotSync Manager made the problem go away.  Whew!
> It also syncs stuff to my card effortlessly!  A minor point though:  It
> would be more user friendly and certinly less user panicy if the conduit
> installer did that automatically, or it at least popped up a message
> telling me to do it manually.
>
> Thanks for all the great work on Plucker, the desktop, and all the other
> stuff.  It's constantly improving and the efforts are most appreciated.
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your letter. Will take this under advisement and perhaps do a restart of
computer in
the installer instead of just restarting HotSync manager.

What is currently happening:
-Kill HotSync manager in order to install a conduit.
-Install conduit
-Since the published API for restarting HotSync Manager doesn't work, get the value of
HotSync.exe from registry and execute as soon as there is a wait-for-user-input from
the
conduit-installer mini tool program.

Perhaps could also wait for the conduit-installer to fully terminate, instead of
wait-for-user-
input, if that is the problem.

Best wishes,
Robert