Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:51:19 -0400
From: dmccunney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: plucker-list@rubberchicken.org
Subject: Re: Question re Passwords

On 7/26/06, D. Berghouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Any suggestions as to how to conveniently create multiple passwords (one
each for individual customers), without the need to manually 'output' a
copy for each individual user/customer ?

"Convenient" is a relative term.  But I wouldn't try to do it through
Plucker desktop.  Plucker Desktop is a GUI interface that constructs a
command line to be fed to the Plucker converter engine.  I'd look at
doing such things from the command line, calling the converter
directly,  from a script that did variable replacement for the
appropriate field, along the lines of

list=owner1 owner2 owner3 owner4 owner5
for owner in $list
do
    plucker-conv -owner-id=$owner
done

(The above is just the basic concept.  I'd have to Look Stuff Up for a
real working command line, and how you write the script would depend
on the platform.  The above is more or less *nix Bourne shell.
Cmd.exe in Windows would require a different approach.

Thanks,
David Berghouse
______
Dennis