On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 22:06 -0700, Cory Engel wrote:
> Thanks for your response. I know a little HTML, but saw nothing in
> the page's source code that would return double content-type header.

Its not in the page source code, its probably in the code they're using
to output that page's source code, or some preprocessor they're running
on the server-side to deliver the content.

> Do you see anything that I could suggest to the site's webmaster in
> order to fix the problem?

Have them check the headers of the page as sent to the client browser.
You can do this with the HEAD command (part of the libwww/LWP package in
most Linux distributions) or with LiveHTTPHeaders, a Firefox extension.

Here's the output of HEAD from a separate machine from the one I tested
with yesterday. You can see the double-Content-Type headers coming
across.

Feel free to point them to me as a resource to help explain this to
them.

$ HEAD
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=pda
200 OK