Hi again and thanks for a quick reply!

David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 12:51 +0300, Maxim Sloyko wrote:
>> Does anyone aware of the problem? Things seemed to be working fine
>> before..
>
> Which distiller are you using?

Plucker version 1.8 under Linux (The one bundled with Debian distro)

> What value are you passing in for the charset option? (--charset= on the
> Python distiller)

--charset="windows-1251"

> Did you check the source to make sure the actual HTML is correct?
>
> What is the stated DocType of the document in question?

The HTML there is pretty simple -- nothing more that <b> and <i>, so I
guess it is correct...

After digging into it more deeply, I found out that the problem seems to
be in <pre> tag! When I removed it, everything was fine (except for
formatting, obviously)

So, if the non-ASCII text (at least cp1251 and koi8-r) is inside <pre>
tag, only characters inside <b> tags are converted properly.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for your help.

--
Maxim Sloyko