Josef Lowder wrote:
> Out of the top 100 Linux Distros, here are the top 8 in terms
> of interest/activity with the most recent hit counts:
>
> 1 PCLinuxOS   2924
> 2 Ubuntu      2313
> 3 openSUSE    1528
> 4 Fedora      1280
> 5 Sabayon     1182
> 6 Mint                1066
> 7 Debian      844
> 8 Mandriva    772

This is so very cool!  Just think of the contrast of what the above list
represents versus the freedom of choice available to users of Microsoft
or Apple OSes.

- We can choose from "the top 100" and more.
- We can find the exact match for our needs.
- We can deploy one flavor for one use, like servers, and another flavor
for another use, like desktop, and another for another use, like media
center, etc. etc.
- We can watch the top ten innovate and improve and polish as they try
to best each other and win more users.
- We can see PCLinuxOS rise to #1 where Ubuntu used to be, where Fedora
was.  And then watch them cycle through again as they compete on nearly
level ground.

AND we can benefit without spending a nickel!  AND we can benefit by
deploying, changing and copying at will!

And I haven't even mentioned all the BSD choices and all the
applications and flavors of applications, all improving the state of the
art!

"Celebrate good times, come on!"  (Good thing this is just text.  You
didn't hear me sing that.)

Alan, feeling happy and Free today!