*Works fine for me too:  Kubuntu 12.10 64bit, Latest Fox, LOTS of add-ons*.

Something COULD be whack in Fox... As a last resort wipe it completely, not forgetting hidden files, and reinstall. I have had occasion to follow that advise myself when Fox starts doing bizarre things without apparent cause. (Not common, but definitely annoying)