exactly, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard

or, go to your contact manager (like evolution) in the address book
select your own entry - right click and Save as vCard. Other apps may
do same thing by way of export - before you attach it to your
signature, look at it in a regular editor (vi gedit etc) and you will
see that it is the kind of file that could be hand edited. at least
for the first couple dozen.... once attached to your signature, or
individual email, those getting your email will be able to easily save
your contact information into their addressbook

on a web page you would use a microformat called hCard to achieve the
same level of automation - or better make your own FOAF entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HCard

vCards can also be expressed as QRcodes and many smart phones will do
the smart thing with them. or look for ZBar to read them from your PC

that reminds me - I should visit vistaprint soon - thx Ed