If spam is the problem, a better mail server can be the solution. Running your own mail server isn't nearly as complicated as it used to be.

QmailToaster (http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com) with spamdyke is a very good combination. Spamdyke rejects 90+% of spam without even receiving (or scanning) the message. The sanesecurity extensions to clamav catch the lion's share of phishing attempts. With this setup, I get <1 spam per day.

Disclaimer: I'm presently the project lead for QmailToaster.

--
-Eric 'shubes'