On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

> What decision criteria should be applied to deciding to use a 64-bit
> distribution version rather than a 32-bit version?

1. Do you need clean access to more than 4 GB RAM? (I don't consider
    PAE "clean" access.)
2. Does the system in question need to be in production past 3:14 am
    on Jan 19, 2038?

If you answer "yes" to either of those questions, then 64-bit is the
only way to go.

Otherwise, either will suffice. I've had really good luck with 64-bit
installations on servers and occasional-use laptops, but I haven't had
a use-every-day Linux workstation in several years (though that will
change within the next three months).

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinl...@madboa.com <> http://www.madboa.com/