I've just run the latest updates from Ubuntu for my Xubuntu machines, which included Brave browser. In each case, video does no longer display. Audio works, and is the audio for the video I'm trying to watch. I can successfully watch the same URL with Firefox, so I'm assuming something went wrong with the Brave update.

And it appears that they've heard from other folks, because I just had another update notice that included Brave. After running that, video works again.

If it happened to you, wait a bit and try again. It will probably fix itself.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens