"I will leave aside the fact that no one submits an executable file to Linux;
each distribution (Red Hat, Debian, etc) picks the executable files to include
with the Linux kernel."

Ah,so executable files are only developed and maintained by the Linux kernel
team?

If I were to write an app, ROFL!, but for the sake of discussion, I'd rely on
already established executable files that are hopefully documented enough for
me to hook into?

And not every executable is worthy of its own manual page?

And the Linux kernel team makes the decision on how exes are documented or if
documented?