I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8600-N ink-jet printer, and used the HP Office Jet Device Management Program under linux. (HPLIP) to handle the print queue.

Sometimes I sent a print job from a LibreOffice document to this printer, but forgot that my system is not currently connected to the LAN network, so naturally things halt and I get a message that the printer has been placed in "pause" mode and to reactivate it.

Unfortunately, the printer configuration is written over and the "set default printer" checkbox is turned off and the printer is removed from default category. I am forced to go to the Yast2 manager and reedit the printer configuration and turn on the "make default printer" check box again. This is time consuming and it takes about 3 mins for the Yast2 program to run through all the printer drivers (must be thousands)

Has anyone figured out how to avoid having the printer removed as default printer when the system is not connected to the LAN and a print command is issued?

Randall