On 4/22/05, JM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> im seeing an application that eats to much memory..
>
> top result:
>
> SIZE
> 86256  84M   900 R     0.1  8.3   0:09   0 content_app
>
> im not a C guru.. and I need a way to check if this thing has a memory leak or
> something..

just a follow-up question, did you monitor the memory usage of that
application to see that

   1) the memory usage does not go down to a certain level when the
application is not doing any processing (aka idle).
   2) the memory keeps on increasing.

if the above is not true then your application might just be requiring
that much memory.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php