On 4/27/05, Paul Patrick Carpio Prantilla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<< snipped >>

> pole. However, in case anyone is wondering...this certain legacy
> application is binded too much with the telnet protocol such that they
> are looking for a quick fix while exploring the feasibility of porting
> the application to support SSH.

<< snipped >>

> BTW, tunneling is not an option for the client since the remote server
> disabled the telnet daemon.

Hmm, if the client application uses telnet, what's on the other end of
the server? Was it the telnet daemon? If the software on the remote
server is unavailable, then I don't see how the client apps will
interact with it. Unless you're trying to get it to talk to SSH (that
is, telnet to SSH).

The easy way out is to enable the telnet daemon, make it only listen
on the loopback interface (or use firewalling), then use the SSH
tunnel. :-)

gino ledesma