> I don't know with you guys but I really feel that this practice has to
> be stopped.  The CDs mentioned above will just rot now.  It is such a
> waste.  There are more people who could really benefit from them.
>
> Please stop requesting CDs from Canonical if you can't commit to getting
> them from the customs office.  You do not need to pay.  But you have to
> educate the customs officials about the CDs.  There are a lot of things
> that you can do like write a letter to the chief of your local customs
> office to explain.

I'll talk to mako about this and see what we can do about the customs
thing. We have a template letter though located at:

http://people.ubuntulinux.org/~mako/ubuntu_cds-customs_letter-generic.pdf

This is one issue the loco can probably address, or in the long term,
have locally pressed CDs (it has been under study). If I'm not mistaken,
the CDs are valued for at least 1 Euro. All customs worldwide require
valuation of items for what its worth. I receive CDs directly without
any problems.

Jerome