On Sat, Jan 9, 2021, 00:50 John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 21:23:17 -0800
> Tom <tgrom.autom...@nuegia.net> dijo:
>
> >On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 21:04:56 -0800
> >John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Yeah, yeah, NFS. Bah. I've tried to get it to work several times over
> >> the years, and I've always failed.
> >>
> >> What would be really cool would be a GUI application that would do
> >> this for me. No list of half a dozen scripts that probably won't
> >> work. I just want to launch an app, have it search the local network
> >> for other Linux computers, and present me with the drives/folders
> >> that I might want to connect to.
> >>
> >> Why does this not exist?

Really Jon? Why don't you create it .... by volunteers for volunteers, for
free .... Please educate yourself on what free, as in freedom, suppose to
be about. J..sus!!

This - is client server problem - it needs configuration on computer
sharing file system as well as on the client computer accessing it.
OpenSuse has gui to setup both client and server for NFS - Yast2.

> >What specifically is your failure message when you've tried to setup
> >NFS?
>
> I can't tell you that because the last time I tried was a couple of
> years ago and I have no recollection of the exact messages. If I recall
> correctly, there were no error messages; it just failed to work.
> .

Perhaps this is the time to try to setup NFS again and ask here for
specific help.

Alternatively - just dump the files you want to transfer between two/more
computers to your Synology NAS and get them on another computer(s).

-T