philippe_44 wrote:
> I'm not sure I'm following fully. Does it work (discovery and audio)
> when you do not have firewall?

Yes it works perfectly . Without the firewall

It even works with the firewall if some ports are opened

5354 ,5298 Bonjour/Avahi/MDNS

5000 6000-6003 and port 8000 (raop ?)

AND THE EPHEMERAL PORT RANGE 32768-60999

Devices like my iPhone that sends the airtunes stream responds via some
random ephemeral port.

The typical NOOB guidelines about setting up ones Linux firewall
neglects things like this and advices every one to just drop everything
but the opened ports.

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )