wmupchurch wrote:
> Thank you Michael!
>
> So let me now ask a really crazy questions.  It seems that Ogg Vorbis
> (lossy) compression can or cannot contain FLAC or PCM (lossless) music.
> If that's the case AND Spotify uses Ogg Vorbis in a way that FLAC and
> PCM information is 'contained', then when you un-compress the Spotify
> Ogg Vorbis steam to FLAC or PCM are you really providing better sound
> quality than Spotify itself?  Is this some kind of back door way to
> finally get higher quality streams from Spotify?

No afaik it’s about Spotify encryption they use an encrypted ogg format
and the library Michael uses decrypt and spits out pcm ?
Our players can not do this in thier firmware so the streams has to
decrypt somewhere.

The flac part is because it’s smart for WiFi players the bandwith gets
smaller and the flac formats has some other smart things going for it
like error correction and tag information, but I don’t know what’s used
here apart from making the bandwith smaller for those of us with WiFi .
This is btw the typical default for LMS in general not only for spotty .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )