wtnh wrote:
> That would be helpful. I am not sure exactly sure which version would
> work, most likely 1.6.1.
>
> If iTunes does not work, I can try installing the ipa via Xcode from my
> Mac. Not sure if the signature on the file will mess things up or not.

I still don't think this is going to work without a jailbreak. But you
can try.

1.6.1 is the last original release that supports iOS 4 but most later
versions also bundle that very version in the same IPA (you could build
fat binaries that contain completely different versions of apps to one
binary).
The very first 2.0-versions are an exception (because I didn't know this
then) and last one (2.0.17) is the other exception because at that time
Apple had removed the capability to test these builds and I didn't want
to take a risk with what was the last possible build of iPeng Classic on
the App Store (long before removing the App itself Apple removed the
possibility to update iOS-6-and-before-only Apps).

So my recommendation would be 2.0.16 or 1.6.1, most builds in between
are similar.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*