epoch1970 wrote:

> I had noticed this for a while but thought is issue was coming from the
> Airplay Bridge and did nothing about it.
> Since a few days I am running a pCP 6.0 player and I see the same
> phenomenon, I'd like to get to the bottom of it:
>
> - If nothing is playing and with my iPad I control the pCP player to
> start playing, then quit iPeng, all works fine
> - Then if I come back to iPeng, say from Safari, my player stops. I
> have to press play to make it continue.
>
> I've fiddled with various settings like keep/don't keep alive
> connection, etc. and nothing seems to make any difference.
> I'm using the latest and greatest iOS on an iPad 2016. iPeng is
> up-to-date.
>
> Does someone know how to get rid of this annoyance?

I don't have the faintest idea how this could happen. I mean... it's not
like iPeng control the stream or something.

The only things I could see are:
* You have iPeng Playback enabled and iPeng's player is synced with your
pCP and somehow stops when it's started, but I assume you have already
seen this.
* You have some sort of IP conflict on your network, e.g. the iPad uses
the same IP address as your player or server. Did you try to reboot your
router?
* Your server doesn't have enough power to keep the connection to the
player when iPeng connects and loads the menu tree. This could
especially happen with some plugins that stall the server for a longer
time when their menu is being built, like TrackStat (with big menus) or
so.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*