Ge Ba wrote:

> is the new LMS integration of Tidal in 8.0.0 not supported in iPeng? I
> can see "Browse on Tidal" from an Album Artist listing on other
> controllers, like Squeeze Ctrl. But not on iPeng, unfortunately.

Currently working on it.

tw99 wrote:

> 1. Needs to run on an old iPad Mini that's running IOS 9.3.5  - OK I
> think ?
>
> 2. Needs to have local player support  - OK with in-app purchase
>
> 3. When the App is started or brought to the foreground, it must be able
> to reliably select its own local player as the player to be controlled,
> and not require a subsequent menu selection to pick it from the list of
> players on the server (This is where Squeezepad fails, as there's some
> timing issue when it starts up).

1. might actually be complicated. There's currently a bug in the App
Store that prevents purchasing of old App versions. If you purchase it
on a newer device with the same App Store account, then downloading it
on the old iPad works but you can't buy it there.

2. Yes.

3. "Reliably" is always difficult in a Squeezebox setup.
iPeng will remember what server AND player it used the last time and try
to reconnect to that. So usually this should work.
But there are edge cases. The player only starts up when the App is
started and then tries to connect to the server. If your server is e.g.
sleeping and takes a while to respond, this could run into a timeout
where iPeng decides to switch to another, available player. I think the
timeout is 30s or so.
In my setup it works like 99% of the time but it's hard to guarantee,
the best way to make sure it works is to make sure the server is
responsive and available when you start iPeng.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*