fpo wrote:
> Still dropouts although the timing has changed slightly. I see however
> no difference at the packet level with regard to the response of the
> client towards a KeepAlive probe from the host, i.e. still no [Keep
> Alive Ack] from the client at the stream socket. Can't see a fault in
> the patch either.
>
> Strange... Why the host sends KeepAlive packets is a mystery. It
> shouldn't do that unless explicitly configured to do so. Nevertheless
> the client should be able cope with it.

I've implemented a change to the stream socket handling from the esp32
squeezelite project to see if it helps.

The stream thread now waits/sleeps until any previous polling operation
has completed before opening a new stream socket.

Please try 'squeezelite-1.9.8-1324-test3-win64.zip'
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/put1qx5j9flhajv/squeezelite-1.9.8-1324-test3-win64.zip?dl=1).

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.