mrw wrote:
> I'm impressed that you were able to something with it.
>
> So, perhaps appropriate if the problem is a "basically OK but
> occasionally glitched" incoming remote AAC stream, but not particularly
> appropriate if it is just fundamentally duff (or MP3...).
>
> With the basic problem fixed, you have the freedom to do whatever you
> think may be most practicable/expedient/useful/time to move on/whatever
> you feel.

Turns out the sample.m4a file in the ffmpeg ticket has the audio at the
beginning of the file so can't be played native, so that file is no good
for testing.  When I optimized the file using mp4file or ffmpeg to move
the atoms to the beginning it plays fine as the process "fixes/hides"
the sync errors.  You have to have MPEG-4 leading audio disabled in LMS
file types as well for the test.

I did some digging into the sync vs bits error logging between the stock
and community firmware.  The API has changed for sync error handling
from the original proprietary fdk aac and the current android version
2.0.1 I'm using.  Both the AAC_DEC_TRANSPORT_SYNC_ERROR and
AAC_DEC_NOT_ENOUGH_BITS API errors are to be handled by reading more of
the stream.  In squeezeplay I tried checking for the SYNC error before
BITS but the api still returns the BITS error for the 1.fm stream.  I
suspect if it wasn't for the segfault we wouldn't have even noticed.

I did discover that I used the wrong return code for the SYNC error
checking, which I've changed.  Now I need to find a file/stream that
triggers the error.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.