Thank you. Successfully reverted to version 2.

I had 2 available plugin updates and the Dynamic Playlist one showed the
warning about uninstalling the old one first so I unchecked it and
picked apply but when the server restarted both had been updated!

It's good that someone has taken over this plugin and it will be
maintained as I've used this for about 15 years now and it has always
worked well. I will investigate the new version at some point but
currently I just don't have as much time to tinker as I used to and my
system is working very well.

Have you taken over development of Erland's other plugins too?